Fifth Print – getting Better

I completed my 5th print using the QU-BD One Up 3D printer. It is getting good enough to do something useful. This print was another Suburu logo because I wanted to get that right before trying something harder. This time it pretty much matches the design .stl file in Repeatier

I messed with the slicer settings and “messed” is the operative word, as in messed up. After a great deal of research, mostly on the fabric8r.com forum, I got the printer back to printing, and even a bit better than before. I’m sure that I can smooth it out a bit by fiddling with slic3r settings but, for now, it is good enough!

5th Print of Suburu logo

5th Print of Suburu logo

My slic3r settings, as of today are listed at THIS-LINK.

Advertisements
This entry was posted in 3D Printing and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Fifth Print – getting Better

  1. acassis says:

    Very nice! You are improving the print quality very much!

    Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s